Thursday, June 29, 2006

You take that diaper off your head, you put it back on your sister!

rotten teeth
I keep telling them that if they don't brush every day their teeth will rot and fall right out of their head. Just ask M. She's been functioning with only two!
My favorite thing, or rather most frequent thing, that I tell my kids is
"I am not a trash can".
What is your favorite/most necessary parenting phrase?

12 comments:

Abby said...

I don't have many yet, but I have to laugh when I find myself trying to reason with an 11 month old.

michaelstubbs said...

Wendy and I often say, "I will sell you to the gypsies!" and we mean it.

Suzie Petunia said...

"Kids ruin everything." I'm not liking my kids today. I'm ready for a little R&R in the loony bin. Do they take walk-ins? And do they have daycare?

Abby said...

Yeah, it's called cps or a foster home!

Suzie Petunia said...

Do you know their number?

Ok... I just had a girls' night out and I'm feeling much better. I just LOVE those cute little guys!

Abby said...

was there alcohol at said "girl's night out"??? JK We know you love those little rascals.

Julie said...

Alcohol is medicinal, right? At least that is what I have been telling myself on those hard days...Mommy can't play girls, she has a really bad headache.

Oscarson Photography said...

i often quote my father to ya'lls kids , "you can't kid a kidder". i hated when he said that but it's so handy!

mo said...

Does this sound familiar? "Do I look like I was born yesterday? Of course you can't do that!" Maybe I just thought it a lot...How about, "keep your hands to yourself, Mr. Grabby!" Not used more than once but it keeps coming back at me. How many times did I say "Kids are no darn good!?" Just a variation on what my own dear parents used to say!

Emma Jo said...

I remember hearing "your name is gonna be mud" and other such phrases in my youth...not directed at me, of course.

mo said...

Here's a good old classic: "You are going to be in such BIG trouble!" Just what is BIG trouble, anyway?

Anonymous said...

guidebook adult defining loves problemthere unimark crime still hurry clump indisputable
lolikneri havaqatsu